Building, Planning, Inspection & Engineering Department
The Building, Planning, Inspection & Engineering Department is administered by the City Manager. The plan checking and inspection services are primarily conducted by the City Engineer and Building Official. The City Engineer administers the City’s street capital improvements, traffic engineering programs, provides engineering support, and/or administration of other public works project.
The City Engineer also reviews development proposals by private developers to assure compliance with local codes and requirements.
- Continue to make the building inspection process more customer-oriented
- Develop small brochure which explains the building inspection process for distribution to customers
- Continue to train in-house staff in the area of planning and economic development
- Continue to work on efficient methods for code enforcement
- City Engineer shall continue to:
- Provide technical support for operation of wastewater and water treatment plans, sewer collection, and water distribution system
- Administer and design federal highway administration projects
- Provide the City with a capital improvement program for street maintenance
Ray Hoak, City Inspector
633 6th Street
Orange Cove, CA 93646
Phone: (559) 626-4488
Cell: (559) 647-7971
Office hours: 8am – 4:00 p.m.
(Please schedule inspection appointments ahead of time)
Yamabe & Horn – Contracted City Engineers
Location: 2985 N Burl Avenue, #101 Fresno, CA 93727