The City of Orange Cove operates a full-time Police Department, which consists of one Chief of Police, one Sergeant, one Corporal/ School Resource Officer, one School Resource Officer, and one Detective (Domestic Violence Investigator).There are also six Patrol Officers, one K-9 Officer, two Level One Reserve Officers, and one Records Clerk, one Evidence Technician/ Records Clerk (currently vacant)
The Police Department Fleet consists of Black & White Patrol Units, a K-9 Unit, one Special Services Unit, and one CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) Unit.
The Police Department also supports the Orange Cove Citizen’s on Patrol (OCCP) as part of the Neighborhood Watch Program, and provides them a vehicle for patrol duties.
Our mission is to make our city a place where all people can live, work, and play.
The Orange Cove Police Department will maintain the highest standar of professional ethics and integrity. We will build partnerships and coalitions with the business, and residential communities to identify and recommend solutions to problems with the goal of improving the quality of life in our neighborhoods. Our commitment is to provide professional service to our citizens, residents, and visitors.
In our individual conduct and in our personal relationships, we value:
- Integrity and ethical behavior at all times.
- Respect for the rules of law and the dignity of all human beings.
- Acceptance of full responsibility and accountability for our actions.
- Empathy and compassion for others.
- Direct communications that permit and encourage healthy disagreement.
- Resolving differences in a mutually supportive and positive way.
In our professional responsibilities, we value:
- Individual and team effectiveness in solving crime and crime related problems.
- Exceptional response to community needs.
- Equal protection and service to all, regardless of economic status.
- Continuous commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Innovation, creativity, and reasoned risk-taking.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Responsible and creative management of our resources.
- Excellence and continuous improvement in all we do.
The Orange Cove Police Department is located at 550 Center Street in Orange
Cove, California. Please feel free to reach us using any of the methods
Orange Cove Police Department
550 Center Street
Orange Cove, California 93646
EMERGENCY: DIAL 911
Dispatch: (559) 626-5177
Anonymous Tip Hotline: 559-626-5112
HOURS OF OPERATION
Office: Monday – Friday (8am-5pm)
Patrol & Dispatch: 24 Hours a Day / 7 Days a Week / 365 Days a Year
Citizens on Patrol:
Contact: Silvia Schultz, President
Note: Meetings are held the 2nd Thursday
of every month at 5:45pm at the OC Library
Phone: (559) 448-7488